As a Project Manager, you fulfilling this position is expected to make a significant contribution to effective delivery of projects by implementing and employing best practices for all Project Management duties as assigned. The PM will manage assigned projects, with support from a Senior Project Manager as needed, and will also work to define and implement best practices as assigned.
- Provide hands-on project management of small to medium projects as assigned.
- Communicate with clients regarding project status and to resolve issues.
- Plan and lead internal and client project meetings
- Meet the scope, schedule, resource, and budget commitments reflected in the project management plan.
- Develop and manage project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), schedule, resource plan, issues log, change control and risk log.
- Identify, assess, manage, and mitigate project risks and issues, ensure the timely resolution of issues, including the escalation of issues that are outside of the project team’s scope of responsibility.
- Manage suppliers delivering diverse scope from studies to turn-key solutions for assigned projects
- Monitor the project progress and report the project status to management on a weekly basis.
- Define when project is completed and ready for Close-out and follow appropriate process to close projects.
- Assist to identify and align with best practices for cost and schedule management in accordance with PMBOK standards and develop non-burdensome ways to implement these at Promation.
- Assist in aligning systems and requirements with Promation Accounting Department to deliver effective and efficient project control and reporting in accordance with industry best practices.
- Contribute to new Project Management procedures, and supplemental forms/checklists and processes to integrate company best practices and PMBOK requirements with new CSA N299 requirements.
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- A post secondary education
- PMP designation would be an asset.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an industrial setting.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team oriented.
- High attention to detail.
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to follow and execute directions, Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.